Friday 10 June 2011

Focus - Brief 3 - Adam

Brief 3 -


"Just to clarify this weeks brief that your photograph to represent 'Your Leeds'
has to include a person within it. Taking pictures of people has different challenges
to landscapes, architecture and still life and I want you to try and use your skills to
take an image that reflects either their personality or your relationship with that person.

Please remember to bracket and consider your lighting carefully along with how you
want your subject to look. "



As I have been away all week it has been difficult to find anytime to go out hunting for 'people' or even stage a photograph.


I decided I would put faith in being in the right place at the right time so went for a walk with my camera around Roundhay today.


I was lucky enough to find some potentially interesting scenes and my top three images are below


1/350, F5.6, ISO100, 95mm


My first picture was taken in the 2008 Chelsea Flower Show garden for Leeds. I came across a woman of Asian decent surrounded by Bamboo and couldn't believe my luck.


The purple backpack she was wearing was too much of a distraction but manipulating the photo to make it look older solved that problem (I hope?)

Next


1/250, F5.6, ISO250, 706mm!


This was a sneaky photo taken from a looooong way off using the telephoto feature on the camera.


This is my view of the couple from where I was standing




It isn't easy to see the couple but with the zoom almost at full and without the use of a tripod I managed to snap the photo of the couple above.


Next


1/800, F4.5, ISO 100, 331mm


I called this photograph 'Garden Gossip'


This was also taken in the Chelsea Flower Show Garden next to Roundhay Park.


I am not sure which is my first choice yet but they are the 3 I have so far submitted for Brief 3. I shall see if I can find someone to pose for me before Sunday and take some portrait shots but I am pretty busy and Hannah has already got an excellent portrait shot for her photo.

5 comments:

  1. Some interesting shots here. Love the couple behind the fountain. Very cheeky with a long lens. If you had engaged with your 'models' they may have obliged and done something interesting for you. Quite often strangers can be quite helpful. The worst they can say is no.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks David,

    I thought about release forms as well later on in case I wanted to keep the photo as stock.

    I have downloaded an app which creates release forms for the iPad so will have to think further ahead as my confidence grows

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might be worth carrying a card around with your name, adress email etc
    so that you could forward a shot to them. I do this and helps reassure that you are legitimate.

    I once took a shot of a man's dog in the park and when he showed his wife the emailed shot...she cried with joy.

    Once you've done it a couple of times it gets easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever thought about having affiliates? :)

    ReplyDelete