Saturday 23 July 2011

Underwater Portraits

I thought I would publish some examples of underwater portraits I have done. Most underwater photography counts as wildlife or landscape photography but you still get to take interesting portraits shots which require the subject to be relaxed and skilled to take a good portrait.

Light and White balance are extremely important when taking underwater shots. The water needs to be very clear of any particles otherwise the image is grainy and you couldn't use a flash or strobe to add light, and in the case of deep water, colour back into the shot.






2 comments:

  1. First shot of Hannah is the best for me here. I think its the detail and the bubble for me. Looks like fun!

    I would love to see a real close up portrait shot taken underwater.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the first - there's much more interest there, and it appears more natural a pose!! - still rather you than me !!

    ReplyDelete