Sunday 12 June 2011

Focus - Brief 1 - Hannah



For our first brief David asked us to bring with us 2 photographs:

The first photograph was a picture that inspired us as photographers and also an image we aspired to be able to take ourselves:

The image I chose was of a female longboarder. It was taken right in the drop zone (the part of the wave that is just breaking and the surfer uses to take off from), at sea (or foot/board) level. It is a shot that is physically quite difficult to take as you have to remain steady in the water whilst the waves (which will be at least 4ft high) are breaking right on top of you. As a surfer I love the elegance of longboarding and would love to be able to take these shots with a better success rate than 1 in 20.

The second photograph was a picture that meant something to each of us personally:

Taken at F2.8, at 10:46, 03/01/2010 on my iphone.

I chose this photograph of my garden in winter. For me the garden is a place to relax; passive or actively, solitary or with loved ones, and is a place of calm and peace. I love the winter light coming through the trees and the sense of imminent adventure from the fresh snow fall. I would have liked to have taken the washing line down to keep the shot soft and natural, but didn't want to ruin the new snow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment