Friday 10 June 2011

Focus - Brief 1 - Adam

For our first brief David asked us to bring with us 2 photographs

The first photograph was a picture that inspired us as photographers and also an image we aspired to be able to take ourselves

The second photograph was a picture that meant something to each of us personally.

The two photographs I selected are below

1/400, F4.5 ISO200 37mm
This image was taken by me in the Red Sea last year using a simple point and shoot Fuji FinePix F50fd camera and underwater housing. I used this photograph to demonstrate the type of photography I had done to date and as a contrast to my inspirational image which couldn't be taken with a point and shoot compact camera.


This inspiration photograph was taken in Iceland. I was in Iceland in January and I was unable to take a picture of the Northern Lights with my compact camera. It was seeing these photographs and not being able to capture them myself that inspired me to purchase a more advanced camera and start progressing my photography skills

I have purchased a Bridge Camera as it gave me many of the features of a D-SLR but without the cost and complexity of purchasing many extra lenses. 

I selected a Fuji HS20 Camera because it had many Automatic and Manual features and a lens capable of  taking wide angle photographs and also a 30x optical zoom which provided an excellent telescopic function (24 - 720mm (35mm equivalent)) Having all these features in a single lens seemed like good value before taking the leap into SLR land. So far I have been very pleased with the camera and it easily produces images as good as any budget to mid level D-SLR.

My second photograph for the 1st Brief is below


This image was taken by me with my Fuji HS20. I was at Fountains Abbey near Ripon N Yorkshire. The photograph of a blue bell means a great deal as it is my girlfriends favourite flower, taken in a location that is special to both of us.

I took the photograph using my camera's macro mode 
Shutter 1/640
App F4.0
ISO 400
Zoom 79mm

The having the aperture as open as I could, allowed me to keep focus on the main subject and blue the background.


0 comments:

Post a Comment