Friday 10 June 2011

Focus - Brief 2 - Adam

The Second Brief -

"Please remember that in many ways the brief is wide open.
The only two parameter are that it has to represent Leeds and has
to be personal to you - Your Leeds. This brief is about interpretation
so these two words are key.

If you can email your shots before our next meeting that would be great.

Next week we will be looking at your individual cameras and first picture
taken so please bring both. I will also be setting up a simple still life for you
all to shoot. The format will be much more practical than our first class."


I unfortunately was unwell most of the week which meant that going out an exploring Leeds wasn't really an option for completing this brief.

As I am not originally from Leeds or even Yorkshire for that matter (Liverpool Rules!) I don't have any childhood memories etc for Leeds. I also don't work in Leeds and haven't done so for a number of years. So why am I living in Leeds and what does it mean to me?

What I love about Leeds is the contrast between the noise and pace of life working in a city like London and then leaving it behind at the end of each week and coming home to a lovely house and garden I have designed and nurtured to create a relaxing and calm atmosphere.

I wanted my photograph to incorporate a similar notion and chose an image that had many contrasting elements.


I called this photograph "Escape the run"

It is a picture of part of the rabbit run in the garden right after a rain shower. 

The detail around the wood markings and the screw poking through, contrasts nicely with the droplets of water. The background also contrasts with the wood making the effect even stronger. The Chicken Wire gives a sense of imprisonment which links to the 'Escape' part of the caption.

I think it nicely sums up why I come back to Leeds every week by escaping my professional life in the busy harsh south.

The Runner up photograph is below



0 comments:

Post a Comment