Thursday 23 June 2011

Fresh from the oven

David wanted to see the bread broken open so here is one I baked earlier (raisin challah from Shavuot actually). I love the contrast between the hard shiny crust and the soft white crumb of the bread itself. The photo was taken without flash at 1/40s, f5, ISO 800.










My other passion is baking the challah every week. This came out of the oven an hour ago. Need smellyvision to appreciate it really. Taken without flash, f5.6, ISO 400 at 1/15th second hand held. It has been enhanced, adding a little brightness. This image is compressed for ease of uploading to the blog







5 comments:

  1. A very Jewish theme here. The light works very well and is pleasantly soft.
    Would love to see that bread broken open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I put in my order for next week??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to post on here, but I seem to only be able to do it as anonymous!!! My name is Penni - and I am rarely anonymous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to have used this as practice David !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm Challah! Looks very appetising indeed! Nice depth of field.

    ReplyDelete