Thursday 23 June 2011

Silver and silk



This is my image for this week. This is the first time I have really re-touched any of my photos. It feels like cheating but I like the effect. The original photo was shot at 1/40th sec, ISO 400 f5.6 on a tripod in natural light against a black backdrop. The re-touching was done using basic controls in Picassa.
The wine cup is standing on a coloured silk challah cloth, the colours being reflected in the cup. Hope you enjoy it. Shabbat shalom, David G
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Hi David,

    Really nice idea. The Bechah really stands out well with the black background and I like how you have used the coloured cloth subtlely to make the image more eye catching and include Hebrew letters which makes it instantly recognisable as a jewish related image.

    The only thing I might change is the crop. Is this cropped or did you intentionally cut the top of the bechah off? I would like to see the top rim of the cup with a small black border but that is my own personal preference.

    Again great shot, great idea, now I need to think of something myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea David. Some lovely reflections, rich colours and a personal message in there. Like Adam, I would like to see the shot before it was cropped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo. Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete