Monday 27 June 2011

Roundhay Park upper lake landscape

My landscape from our field trip to Roundhay Park. This is a view through the trees to the upper lake taken at f11, ISO 100 at 1/60th second. I used flash to illuminate the vegetation in the foreground, just picking out the flowering and whispy long grass. In some ways the view is unremarkable but I like its tranquility, gentle tones and the reflection of the summer's day clear blue sky in the lake. The framing of the lake between the two young trees I hope adds interest to the scene and value to the photo. The original has only lightly been re-touched. I would have it as my desktop during the winter months to keep my spirits up during the short cold dark and depressing days of January and February.

1 comment:

  1. Another nice shot. There is so much going on in this picture yet it is quite simple in its arrangement. I particularly like where the foreground meets the water.

    Looks like you have had a very fruitful couple of hours in Roundhay.

    ReplyDelete