Monday 27 June 2011

Roundhay Park portrait of Hannah




My portrait of Hannah taken in Roundhay Park, near to the upper lake, on our Sunday field trip. The lighting and location, Hannah's pose, poise, and fixed gaze give the portrait a dreamlike quality. The original was taken at f6.3, ISO 400 at 1/60th second. I have given it a soft focus and otherwise manipulated the original in a way which I would like to think enhances the mood of the photo and does justice to the subject.

I have now added a copy of this photograph which is more faithful to the original and lacks the soft focus. Which is best? I still like the soft focus and richer tones of the 2nd of the two photos. Ultimately it is a matter of personal taste and perhaps, given that it is an image of Hannah, she should be the final arbiter.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely photograph. I'm not sure it needs the soft focus as Hannah and the location are visually quite well separated. The light you have managed to get in her eyes is not only fantastic it is realistic. I'm sure Hannah loves this shot too!

    Can you post this shot again David - without the softness?

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the untouched one. Thanks for posting again David.

    ReplyDelete